My First Blog about Blog

My experience related to BLOG

        To be honest, I am the one who loves sharing my ideas with others online. I have posted different kinds of "blogs" on different platforms in my country (China). Viewing the comments of my "blogs" is very interesting and could encourage me to share more about it next time. It could also inspire my creativity in how to post my blogs more attractive.

        Thinking back to my experience of posting blogs, I find that I would adopt different kinds of narrative styles. For example, if I want to share raiders, like how to buy a new SIM in a new country in a cost-effective way, I would introduce it formally  by listing 

               1.0 Preconditions, 

               2.0 Operation process with corresponding picture guiding. 

        However, 

               🏠if I just want to share my life in UK, 

               📹I would prefer to edit a video with several emojis and a few words in a lighthearted way.

        So, since the platforms for sharing ideas are so popular in my context, I would like to introduce this attractive way to my students. And I think posting blogs could inspire their desire of sharing even though they may be shy face to face.


My thoughts about Alex Case TEFLtastic

        After visiting the blogs of Alex Case, there are some impressions about his website and also some deficiencies that I could improve in my website. I would list them briefly here:

        -Its Organisation and Layout are clear. It is convenient for the audience to find useful or related resources from the catalog. But it would be better if the blogs could be put in separate boxes instead of one by one. It would let the audience lost in the blogs. 

        -It is not so easy to navigate. When I was browsing the website, I found that some of the blogs are occupied by the links. It would be convenient for the audience to find out more related materials in one blog, but it could also confuse the readers without further illustration. Thus, I think it would be better if the links could be embedded in the content with a few introductions.

        So, these are my brief thoughts after browsing Alex Case's blogs. I learn a lot from it, and I could also combine my style in posting my blogs. 

        And I would like to share a video about how to create your blog. Hope this could help you and your students.



Implications for Using Blogs in Teaching

        Posting blogs could be a useful tool in teaching and learning, especially for those who are interested in techniques. There are much more advantages but also some restrictions of blogs in teaching. I have a truck of ideas about it that I want to share, but I prefer leaving it to my next blog. So, hoping to see you again in the next blog.😜


Thank you so much for visiting my blogs.

❓If you have any questions or ideas want to share with me, feel free to comment below.

🙋I am willing to share my thoughts with you.





Comments

  1. Hi Jing! I really enjoyed reading your blog - it's clear that you have had some experience in this area. However it's great that you are still open to learning and starting a fresh blog with your peers! (Thank you for making sure your labels were in English!) You make a great point that when your students blog they might discover a 'cool' way to use English even though they are shy in person. Your review of TEFLtastic is great as you show what you have learned from the things that could be improved on there - we can all pick up tips from others both in what to imitate and what to avoid! In your own blog you have a nice uncluttered space and I like the gentle cream colour of your background. You show you can embed videos - I wondered a bit about the one you had chosen though. It seems to be for a paid-for blog host called Hostgator and starting the blog looked quite complicated to me! Perhaps there are some useful tips towards the end (I didn't watch it all!). I like the way you leave the reader guessing what your next post will be about - really neat!! A very good start here Jing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jing! What a nice blog! Your titles are clear and colourful, and emojis make the content more lovely. Hoping to see more wonderful blogs in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply :)Hoping to see you in my next blogs.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jing,

    I like your " first blog about a blog" :)

    What impresses me in this post is your reflection on your previous blogs. I think this will be a good idea to repeat in other posts if there is relevance to do so. I agree with you that the narrative style is a winning card to attract your audience. Keep the good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation:) I would keep this style to my next blogs.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jing!
    I like the way you started with your own experience of blogging. Your review is informative and organized as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Jannat! Thanks for your reply and appreciation. I would keep this to my next blogs:)

      Delete
  5. Hi Jing,
    I like the flow of information in your analysis and how you introduce pedagogical issues into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George! Thanks for your appreciation of my blog, I would keep going and making progress on it:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts