GAME in Teaching--- Triptico

Nice to see you back again! 😁

Today, I want to share a game with you. HOOOORAY!

When we mention games in class, we would always relate them to the motivation of students. Could games motivate students to learn? Are games just a tool for teachers to use in class? Or someone would argue that setting a game would take much more time than just providing knowledge to students.

However, we are all students before, right? Thinking back, would you be more willing to learn if the teachers tell you that there will be a game in the class. Of course, YES!  And to be honest, as a teacher, I also enjoy setting the game and look forward to seeing the reaction of my student when they play the game.

Last week, I tried several games, which are Triptico App, Kahoot, and Quizlet. But, today I want to share Triptico with you. 


There are several reasons that I think this game could be useful for teachers. And I will introduce the game with screenshots and also illustrate the reasons. 

Process:

1. Click the website link: https://www.tripticoplus.com/#home

2. Then create your account by clicking the "Log In" in the upper right corner of the page.

The account is for free. So it would be convenient for all the users who want to create the game. I think this is one of the advantages.

3. Next, we come to the most exciting part! Creating your own game!

Click on the button "Create". Then you could see there are two options, "activities" and "lessons".

While you are creating the activity, you could choose one or two sides. If you choose one side, you could create some activities, like checking whether students master the definition of the words.

If you choose two sides, you could create some activities, like matching or making pairs. I think creating two sides would be useful to make students into pairs randomly which could save a lot of time. Besides, it could also let students be more familiar with each other if the teacher made them into pairs randomly by this activity. 

Here is the activity that I create with my group members. We choose two sides here because we want students to match the teaching methods with the popular activity.

5. After you text the messages in the column, click on the "save" button at the bottom of the page. Then type in the 'filename", and you could also tag the activity which could be useful for you to classify your activities.

6. Then we come to the "saved files" page. 
On this page, you could find all the games that you create here. 

7. By clicking one of the games, you could find that there are four buttons at the bottom, which are preview, edit, public, and collect💗.

It is worthwhile to mention that the "preview" button could allow you to open the file with different resources so that you could try which kind of resource is suitable for your task. 

But, I think there is a limitation to using this website. If you want to publish your file, you need to pay for a membership. 

8. There are lots of resources as I show above in step 7. I classify these resources into three groups, 

    which are suitable for making pairs or groups, like Group

    or suitable for nominating students to answer the questions, like Flip Selector, Simple Selector, Spinner, Task Spinner

    or suitable for checking whether students master the knowledge, like Blocked Words, Card Board, Match, and so on.

SO, I would summarise the advantages and limitations of using this website to create games. 

😀Advantages: 

-It has clear guidance after you create your account. It would help you to get familiar with the usage of the website. 

-There are some interesting sounds when you play the games, which could attract the users.

-There are several games for you to choose from and also with guidance, you could create the games quickly.
-The layout and the design of the website are clear and beautiful.

😟Limitations:

-Although most of the service is free, I need to buy a membership if you want to publish your file.

-It would be better if the website could guide users on how to choose each resource of the file according to users' needs.

In the end, I would recommend you to have a try. Hope it would be useful for you and your teaching. 
If you have any questions about this game, I am willing to share my ideas with you.

😆See you next time 


Comments

  1. Hi Jing- it is the first post about Triptico for me! I did wonder about it when I was informed that we had some access to the tool. It was easy to follow to explore the website as you have attached screenshots and detailed explanation (thanks!) and it would be more useful if I could read your perspectives how you're going to use it in future teaching, if possible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Suji :) I think it might because I have not finished the whole blog before I published it(sorry about this mistake) But thanks for mentioning it :) And now I have posted all of the content here. Hope you could enjoy it. If you have any question about Triptico, feel free to ask me. I am willing to share with you :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Jing, yes, I can see the whole content now :) Exactly, it's hard to continue using a tool when it requires a paid account, right? I'm so glad we can use it for months- there're loads to explore on the tool!

      Delete
    4. Yeah. And I also found that this website may not be availablt to use in my country beacause of the national restrictions of my government. But I found that there are also a lot of similar tools to use in my country. Some teachers would create games by powerpoints! I think that could be a substitude tool haha.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jing
    Oh my god I should definitely try Triptico. As you illustrated, I think Triptico can be used in classroom in different ways. It can really motivate students and create great classroom atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think it could be a very useful tool for teachers in class. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jing! I didn't try this tool last class, but your presentation is so detailed that I can't wait to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply. Hope you would enjoy exploring it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jing- what a fun blog- You have made Triptico sound really interesting- I think anyone reading this would want to try it out :) . Also love how colourful your blog is, maybe you could add a background colour as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice, Nik. At first, I would like to have a neat layout of my blogs, so I avoid using too much colors in it. But I would try to see whether I could find a suitable and beautiful color for my blog next time :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Jing! I like your simple background colour. It allows the content of the article to stand out. Also simplicity is a unique style! And your post is organized and detailed. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wren! Thanks for you apprecation of my blog's layout and structure. Hope to see you in my next blog:)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jing,

    You inspired us to revisit Triptico and use it in our EFL classrooms. Your use of images facilitates the steps your audience will take to sign up and create their world in Triptco. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yumna! Thanks for your appreciation. Although there maybe some shortcomings of this platform, it could be used to support our teaching in some way.

      Delete
  7. Hi Jing!
    Previously, I was also thinking of writing a post on Triptico but later switched to another tool. After going through your post, I've got a clear idea of it, thanks for the informative and well-structured write-up. Keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Jannat! Nice to see you again!
      I am so glad that my blog help you to get a clear idea of Triptico:) Hope you would enjoy exploring this platform.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts